On Tue, 2002-02-12 at 12:36, SpyProductions Support Team wrote:

> Hmmmm....here's another humdinger of a question:
>
> I am with a hosting company that doesn't want to parse PHP in HTML files
> because they are afraid it will slow down their server(s) too much.
>
> So.  I really like them and don't want to move the site if I don't really
> *have* to.  There are some neat things I would love to be doing in the HTML
> on it, though.
>
> I was thinking; could I make some sort of little javacript calling on, or
> including the PHP file I want to run on the HTML page?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Mike

Can't think of a way to do it in JS off the top of my head--JS is
client-side, which PHP is server-side. You could try putting this
in your .htaccess file and see what happens:

<IfModule mod_php4.c>
   AddType application/x-httpd-php .html .inc .php
</IfModule>

...which, if the PHP module is available in the server, will tell
the server to run these file types through PHP. Alternately, you could
compile PHP as a CGI and just install it in your home dir and use that.

Hope this helps,

Torben

--
 Torben Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>