In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] says...
> I am planning a script that will send mail to all my clients
> (potentially up to 10000, even more clients)...  I figured I can loop a
> mailer script for every client (I don't want to have more than one email
> address per message in the recipient field).
>
> Any special advise or pages I could view for help or is looping a mailer
> script acceptable?  I know I had one in ASP once upon a time and the
> script was so slow that it would mail about 100 messages in a minute and
> the script would time out quickly before I was done.
>
> Thanks.

This topic seems to come up quite regularly; if you have a look back over
the archives I think you will find that the general opinion is that you
should use a dedicated package for mass mailing. qmail/ezmlm is one such
package which can use a mysql database if required.

--
David Robley
Temporary Kiwi!