I'm sorry to bother the newsgroup with this, but I've been racking my
brain on it for a few hours, and tried all the documentation, and
realize it's a coding problem that will take someone about 3 seconds to
figure out the error in.  I have this code:

<?php

$current_month = date (m);
$current_year = date (Y);

if("$current_month = 1")
   {
    $previous_month = 12;
 $previous_year = $current_year - 1;
   }

else
 {
 $previous_month = $current_month - 1;
 $previous_year = $current_year;
 }
 print("<ul>");
 print("<li><a
href=\"inquiry_reports.php?search=search&new_year=$previous_year&new_month=$previous_month\">Previous
Month</a>");
 print("<li><a
href=\"inquiry_reports.php?search=search&new_year=$current_year&new_month=$current_month\">Current
Month</a>");
 print("</ul>");
 ?>

but for some reason, no matter what the month, the first if statement
(if current_month = 1) is seen as true and executes...  any suggestions?

Cheers

Jake Walker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]