> my take on it is that php reports the line it was on when it
> encountered the error with isn't the same as where you've made your
> mistake.
That sometimes is the case, depending on the error/omission. However, in
my case the error is reported on a line number -before- the actual line
number I found it on. I understand that compile/parse-time errors do not
provide a lot of accuracy... I'm just trying to understand a little
better how it generally preprocesses the file.

Steven J. Walker
Walker Effects
www.walkereffects.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]