Hi,

I'm using php-4.1.1 with

Configure Command
'./configure' '--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs' '--enable-dbase'
'-- with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql' '--with-mm' '--with-openssl'
'--enable-sockets' '- -with-zlib' '--with-curl' '--enable-discard-path'

apache (w modssl):

gavin@myhost apache> bin/httpd -V
Server version: Apache/1.3.23 (Unix)
Server built:   Feb 10 2002 20:43:12
Server's Module Magic Number: 19990320:11
Server compiled with....
-D EAPI
-D HAVE_MMAP
-D HAVE_SHMGET
-D USE_SHMGET_SCOREBOARD
-D USE_MMAP_FILES
-D HAVE_FCNTL_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
-D HAVE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
-D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
-D HTTPD_ROOT="/usr/local/apache"
-D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/local/apache/bin/suexec"
-D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="logs/httpd.pid"
-D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/httpd.scoreboard"
-D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="logs/httpd.lock"
-D DEFAULT_XFERLOG="logs/access_log"
-D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
-D TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
-D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"
-D ACCESS_CONFIG_FILE="conf/access.conf"
-D RESOURCE_CONFIG_FILE="conf/srm.conf"

I have an SSL site running.  All of a sudden it's started misbehaving on a
a certain page.  The page involves s some mysql connections and curl use.
however, the first line of the script is:

<?php
session_start();

And I get "Host Closed Connection" from the browser unless this
session_start() is commented out  Obviously this knackers up the rest of
the script.

Is there something I'm missing here?  If needs be I'll send more info.
Also, the browser is Opera for linux.  This was working four days ago.
I've redeveloped it in parallel and now the new and old (unchanged)
versions have both stopped on the same page.

Sorry if this is something obvious but I just can't see it.

Thanks
Gavin

PS here's my session info from php_info:

session
Session Support enabled
Directive               Local Value     Master Value
session.auto_start      Off             Off
session.cache_expire    180             180
session.cache_limiter   nocache         nocache
session.cookie_domain   no value        no value
session.cookie_lifetime 0               0
session.cookie_path     /               /
session.cookie_secure   Off             Off
session.entropy_file    no value        no value
session.entropy_length  0               0
session.gc_maxlifetime  1440            1440
session.gc_probability  1               1
session.name            PHPSESSID       PHPSESSID
session.referer_check   no value        no value
session.save_handler    files           files
session.save_path       /tmp            /tmp
session.serialize_handler php           php
session.use_cookies     On              On