You don't need regular expressions for this.

To match case insensitive, just upper or lower case both strings
and use strpos() to find an occurence. Now you allready have the
position of the match it'll be easy to get that part of the string.

I suggest you substr() it into 3 parts and put the <B> and </B> in between.

bvr.