What is the best way to get the median value from an array of integers?

I have a very long form, which is essentially the same mini-form (group
of fields) repeated a number of times with different names (simple
though, I use a 'for' loop to give each field a number that corresponds
to which mini-form it belongs to).

This was an efficient way for me to let the user specify how many
mini-forms they need to fill out for their purposes, because it might
not always be the same.  HOWEVER... at the end of the day, when they are
done filling out this long form full of groups of inputs, it needs to be
added to a database.  That's the easy part.  The hard part is that I
need to echo a value back to the user -- and this value corresponds to
the median of all the values in field X.  Wait, this is too hard to
explain.  Let me simplify:

The web page features ten listboxes, each of which contains the same
options.  Let's say that you can choose A, B, C, D, or E from each
listbox.  Submit the form, run some code to figure out which was
most-frequently selected, and then display that value on the next page.

That's all I really want to do, but I'm pretty bad at math -- I could
enter all the values into an array and run some kind of averaging code
on them, but the problem is that I don't want an "average", I need the
"most-chosen" value.

Thanks if you have any advice.

Erik

----