Hello,

I would really like to upgrade to a new PHP but I am having a problem
when using 4.1.2 as a CGI script.

Here is my applicable httpd.conf for the sites that have PHP running as
a CGI:

ScriptAlias /cgi-php/ /var/www/accountname/cgi-php/
AddTYpe php-cgi .php .php3 .phtml
Action php-cgi /cgi-php/php

The php interpreter is placed in /var/www/accountname/cgi-php/php and
the php.ini file is placed alongside it.

This works fine with version 4.0.3pl1 as included with Debian 2.2 some
time back.  However when 4.1.2 is dropped in, it outputs the HTTP
headers inside the content of the page.

This isn't good because 1) it looks bad and 2) it disallows use of
Header() commands and scripts that generate graphics.

If I try to use the the newest 4.0.3 from Debian 2.2, I get a completely
different error when I copied /usr/bin/php4 to
/var/www/accountname/cgi-php/php:

Parse error: parse error in /var/www/accountname/cgi-php/php on line 286

Absolutely no configuration file changes were made to Apache's
httpd.conf.

Also I'm not looking for "put #!/usr/bin/php -q in your script and live
without Header()" because everything was working great until recently
and is still working great with the CGI version that's in use right now.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for your help,

Matthew Scott

Re http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-general&m=101069420521799&w=2