Hi

I have big problem with headers which I send to www browser: IE 5.5 and
Netscape 6.2. On my web site I have PHP script to download huge text
files to client side. The text file is compressed by gzip program before
it will be downloaded to client. My problem is how to send to www
browser correct headers to download gziped file for example "text.gz"
and force www browser to store this file with name "text.gz".
I tested with protocol http sending headers like below, but it work only
with IE 5.5. Using Netscape 6.2 downloaded file should be stored as
"text.gz" but is stored as name of the PHP script. There is PHP code
with headers I send to www browser:

header( 'Content-Encoding: zip');
header( 'Content-Length: 100' );
header( 'Content-Location: text.gz' );
header( 'Content-Type: application/octet-stream' );
header( 'Content-Type: application/zip' );
header( 'Content-Disposition: filename=text.gz' );

readfile( 'text.gz' );
exit();

When I switched the protocol from http to https the I've got second
problem. Downloading gziped file text.gz using IE 5.5 it didn't work
completely. IE showed me strange error message with information that
this resource couldn't be opened. Using Netscape 6.2 the problem is the
same.

Thank You for any suggestions.

Krzysiek