In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] says...
> Hi,
> I need to have php called from sendmail. I have set up an address to be
> aliased to "|/usr/local/bin/proc-mail" but I get an error saying "service
> unavailable". All permissions correct. See php code below. This is just a
> test mechanism, right now, to send the email to a mysql database for a
> free-webmail system.
>
> #!/usr/local/bin/php -q
> <?php
> $db_name = "mail";
> $table_name = "Messages";
> $connection = @mysql_pconnect("mysql.tossell.net","mail","fhsdbfhksdbfhjsd")
> or die("Couldn't connect.");
> $db = @mysql_select_db($db_name, $connection) or die("Couldn't select
> database.");
> $sql = "insert into $table_name (rcpt, send, subject) VALUES
> ('ken','[EMAIL PROTECTED]','SUP?')";
> mysql_select_db( $db_name, $connection );
> mysql_query($sql);
> ?>
>
> Thanks.

Presumably that script is /usr/local/bin/proc-mail and that is the
complete script? If so, given that it takes no 'external' information,
what happens when you try and run it from the shell? Is it executable by
the appropriate level of user?

--
David Robley
Temporary Kiwi!