PHP's mktime() function uses a timestamp that is the number of seconds
since the Unix epoch.  MySQL uses the YYYYMMDDhhmmss format for its
TIMESTAMP column type.

I'm not complaining that they're not the same, but curious as to which I
should use for storing timestamps -- does it matter?  PHP has a lot of
nice formatting conventions with date(), so I am leaning towards using
mktime() to store PHP-style timestamps into a MySQL TIMESTAMP column.
But MySQL does have the ability to format dates, and its TIMESTAMP
column type bumps up if I don't manually insert a value.

Any suggestions?

Erik

----

Erik Price