From: Andy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 1:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP-DB] Difficulty on how to extract data out of a text with
string functions.

Hi there,

I want to include some data into my website which covers malaria and yellow
feewer related to each country. On the WHO website are all the infos I need.
Their webmaster told me that unfortunatelly there is no db behind that and
everything gos with html files. But I am free to extract that data.

Well, I did create a txt file which looks more or less like that:

ALGERIA
Yellow fever: A yellow fever vaccination certificate is required from
travellers over 1 year of age coming from infected areas.
Malaria: Malaria risk is limited. One small focus (P. vivax) has been
reported in Ihrir (Illizi Department), but this is isolated and access is
difficult.
Recommended prophylaxis: none.

AMERICAN SAMOA
Capital: Pago Pago
Altitude: 10 m
Yellow fever: A yellow fever vaccination certificate is required from
travellers over 1 year of age coming from infected areas.

Now I have a table in a MySQL db naming all those countries. The goal is to
extract the Yellow fever and Malaria line and put it into a mysql table
related to the countries.

I saw that PHP has some good functions on text, but do u guys think this
could be done??? Doing it by hand could take allllloooong loooooong while.

I am open for any idea!

Thanx a lot for any help

Cheers, Andy