Hi Erik,

> > Rasmus/others,
> >
> > O'Reilly are advertising the imminent release (Mar 2002) of
"Programming
> > PHP" (http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/progphp/desc.html).
> > Is that still going ahead?
> > (I'll submit an advanced purchase order...)
> >

> Hmmm... on the one hand, it's an O'Reilly book, and their books tend
> shine pretty brightly (though I'm extremely fond of two of my New
Riders
> books, "MySQL" by Paul DuBois and "Python Web Programming" by Steve
> Holden, very well-written and well-made books).  But on the other
hand,
> the writeup at O'Reilly that you link to doesn't really entice me --
it
> seems to offer the same topics as most other non-introductory PHP
titles
> out there.
>
> I'd probably pick it up regardless, if only to demonstrate to O'Reilly
> that there's a demand for more books on PHP.  To date, their PHP
> selection is pathetic.
>
> David, did you hear anything more about this?

You pretty much summed up my viewpoint.

No I haven't heard any more, but Rasmus has been a bit busy having his
hand crushed and practicing baby noises, so he's probably in no shape to
respond just yet!

All I can find repeatedly says 'any day now', but there's no hard data
beyond what can be seen (your (IMHO valid) comment notwithstanding) at
the O'Reilly site.

Am not keen to put in an advanced order, sight-unseen; and the man is
usually right here, so ...

Regards,
=dn