Hello,

  I develop locally on win9x, and deploy to everything from 3.0.18 to 4.1.2 remotely
(Linux/*nix/Raq/Solaris/FreeBSD).  So I need to keep register_globals true on this
development machine.  But, I've found since 4.0.5 and up, that $PHP_SELF is set, but
*EMPTY*.

  I just deleted the last 4.1.1 official win install because of this same problem.
Before I download and install 4.1.2 I figure I'd see if this is still a issue.  Anyone
have any insight on this?

  I could stick with 4.0.2 (where this still works), but PEAR seems to have some
syntactical issues with this version, and I'd really like to start
incorporating/contributing with/to it.

  Hunting down all my code that uses $PHP_SELF is unfortunately not even feasible,
it's too spread out by now.  I can't take the chance of breaking so many installations.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions,
  John

--
/* SteeleSoft Consulting     John Steele - Systems Analyst/Programmer
 *  We also walk dogs...  Dynamic Web Design  PHP/MySQL/Linux/Hosting