If the webserver is Apache you can do this:

<VirtualHost *:80>
 ServerName myserver.mydomain.org
 DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/myserver
 Action php-parse /path-to/script.php

 Action php-parse /path-to/script.php
 SetHandler php-parse

 <Location "/path-to/script.php">
   SetHandler "application/x-httpd-php"
 </Location>
</VirtualHost>

*Every* request (whether the file exists or not) is handled by
/path-to/script.php.  Note that this is *every* request so either modify
the above to only handle PHP files or do some work in /path-to/script.php
to quickly readfile() non PHP files (ie, all the images on your site).

-philip