Ok let me explain my problem further some. I need the regular expression to
purify the html page from script tags:
I used: $file = eregi_replace("(<script(.*)>.*</script>)", " ", $file);
Now this works fine, until theres a webpage like:

<script something>script data.</script>
Some webpage data
<script something>another script data </script>

so the regexp above replaces everything between first <script > and last
</script> ie the webpage data also.
So i thought to change the regexp to something like this:  $file =
eregi_replace("(<script(.*)>NOT(script)</script>)", " ", $file);
where NOT(script) would match everything that contains word script