Hi!  I'm building a class, and am trying to include an authorization function.... the
code works when used outside of the class, but when I put it inside the class, for
some reason my session variables won't get set.  Am I attempting the impossible, or am
I missing something that I need to make this work? Below is the code for the Auth
function.

function Auth($username,$password) {
                $query = "SELECT id,username,sl FROM KAOPA_users where
username='$username' AND password=PASSWORD('$password')";
                $Auth = $this->Query($query);
                if ($this->number_returned($Auth) == '1') {
                        $id = mysql_result($Auth,0,"id");
                        $uname = mysql_result($Auth,0,"username");
                        $sl = mysql_result($Auth,0,"sl");
                        global $HTTP_SESSION_VARS;
                        $HTTP_SESSION_VARS["id"] = $id;
                        $HTTP_SESSION_VARS["user"] = $uname;