Hi,
I know it has been discussed before but I havent seen any working solutions.

My problem is that I need to force a dowload for Mac users / IE
and preferably also automatically let them open the file with stuffit expander.
(it works with files downloaded from a webpage/apache without PHP)
So there must be a way to replicate this behaviour in PHP, right?

I've tried endless combinations of orders for the headers and removing
parts of them. What I've ended up using is the following:

header("Content-type: application/octet-stream\n");
header("Content-disposition: attachment; filename=\"$filename\"\n");
header("Content-transfer-encoding: binary\n");
header("Content-length: " . $filesize . "\n");

But it doesnt result in the desired behaviour though.
Any Ideas?
Cheers
Jimmy

And yes I've RTFM more than twice!

Btw, I use PHP 4.12 as an Apache module on FreeBSD.