Not sure exactly what your code is but if you try to pass a literal where a
reference type parameter is defined this produces a blank page.

function test( &$var ) { echo $var }

if you call with test( "hello" ) you get NO output.

Ben

At 18:01 18/03/2002, Mike At Spy wrote:

> > On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Mike At Spy wrote:
> > > Anyone have any suggestions for getting better reporting on a generic
> > > Parse Error?  Code is falling to the end of the script, and I can't find
> > > a problem anywhere.
> >
> > I'd guess you left a curly brace open. Try opening the file in an editor
> > that lets you balance your braces.
>

>I thought the same thing exactly - but I have gone over them a dozen times
>and I am getting nothing!
>
>In fact, shouldn't any script run before the error?  i.e. - shouldn't a
>print or echo before any script runs produce something?  Mine isn't!
>
>-Mike
>

>--

* Ben Edwards                              +44 (0)117 9400 636 *
* Critical Site Builder    http://www.criticaldistribution.com *
* online collaborative web authoring content management system *
* i-Contact Progressive Video      http://www.videonetwork.org *
* Smashing the Corporate image       http://www.subvertise.org *
* Bristol Indymedia               http://bristol.indymedia.org *
* Bristol's radical news             http://www.bristle.org.uk *
* PGP : F0CA 42B8 D56F 28AD 169B  49F3 3056 C6DB 8538 EEF8     *