Hi - sorry if i was not clear..

 i'm running a mailout script from the console (not via apache).  the
problem
 is that the mail function is using the default (sendmail MTA).  i want the
 script to use qmail instead.

 I put sendmail_path = /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject into php.ini  but my mail
 script is still using sendmail to send.

 I was under the impression that scripts run from the console to not read
 php.ini - which is what sendmail is still be used.  Is there a way that i
 can tell my mailout.php script to use qmail instead of sendmail?

 Many Thanks!
 anna