From: J. Scott Johnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 2:40 PM
To: 'Kevin Stone'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [PHP] FAQ

Hi,

New poster, no need to flame unnecessarily...

Following up on James' original posting, I took 2000 or so message
headers
from the archive and extracted (Perl, sorry) keywords for about 50% of
the
postings.  This gave the following metrics on problems:

13       table
65      apache
70      array
17      authentication
19      browser
13      cgi
39      cookie
35      database
9       dates
2       debug
9       editor
7       eval
6       fields
140     file
25      include
33      install
9       ip address
14      javascript
4       jpg
15      ldap
12      login
91      mail
146     mysql
11      oracle
20      pdf
2       PostgreSQL
15      Regex
7       rpm
8       security
93      session
11      socket
50      upload
29      variables
14      while
7       win32
37      xml
10      xsl

It seems like the hotspots are:

Database / Mysql
File handling
Apache
Arrays
XML

When James and I talked off list, he recommended:

>>You're probably also going to be dealing with global built in vars,
$_SESSION, $_POST, $_GET and older vars quite a bit as well.

I'm willing to grovel through old messages and write this up.  If anyone
has
any other common topics that I'm not finding, please email them to me.
When
its done, and useful, we can see about getting it auto posted (which is
_good_ idea).

Thanks
Scott

J. Scott Johnson