Uh... doh!

I was reading this:

Note: If $_SESSION (or $HTTP_SESSION_VARS for PHP 4.0.6 or less) is
used, use unset() to unregister a session variable.

incorrectly.

In my haste, I was basically not parsing the parentheses. I see now that
I just treat the $_SESSION variables like any other variable and use
unset() and isset() (in place of session_is_registered().

I apologize for the noise.

Steven