Hi,

I have a very general question about my php project. Basically, it's about secure
pages for administering site. The way I do it is authorizing users against their
credentials in the mysql database. Then if authentication passed successfully, I
register a session with a specific name and do header() to move him to another page
where he can edit content. Every move he/she makes in admin site it checks if specific
session is registered, if yes it lets you do it and if not, sure it doesn't.

Is this the simplest and relatively secure way? Or are there any other techniques for
this?

Thanks,
Vlad