I would find it much more useful to do something like
a transparent include-on-first-use; for a function this
shouldn't be too hard, but I have no idea how to make it
work for a class short of wrapping every method
independantly.

function MyLazy($a) {
    if (!function_exists("contentsMyLazy"))
        include("contentsmylazy.php");            // define the function

    return contentsMyLazy($a);