Hi everyone.  I'm really banging my head against this one.  Everything
seems to be working, but this constructor method doesn't seem to want to
pass.  The error message I am getting is "you did not pass the
preg_match()", so I'm clearly not passing the preg_match().  But I can't
figure out why.

        // constructor, transforms a form field value into a file ID
        // which will be accepted by set_file_id()
        function FolderFile($value)
        {
                if (preg_match('/^folderfile\d+$/', $value)) {
                        // transform the form field value into an acceptable
                        // format for set_file_id() method (below)
                        $value = str_replace("folderfile", "", $value);
                        if (!$this->set_file_id($value)) {
                                die("you passed the preg_match() but not
                                        the set_file_id() method");
                                return false;
                        } else {
                                return true;
                        }
                } else {
                        die("you did not pass the preg_match()");
                        return false;

The code itself, which constructs this instance and calls the
constructor method, is this:

        // $_GET['addtofolder'][0] = "folderfile1";
        // $_GET['addtofolder'][1] = "folderfile2";
        for ($i = 0; $i <= count($_GET['addtofolder']); $i++) {
                $ff_instance = new FolderFile($_GET['addtofolder'][$i]);

                $folderfile_list[] = $ff_instance->show_name();
                unset($ff_instance);
        }

So, I'm passing the constructor a value of "folderfile1", but that
doesn't seem to work with my preg_match() (above).  Yet it seems like it
should work fine.  Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong here?

Thank you,

Erik

----

Erik Price