Dear all,

I installed mysql for windows and had to copy some databases (including
mysql standard databases), that I have to use for my php-project. I also
installed the Apache server 1.3 ...

My problem is, that I get a connect with mysql_connect("localhost",
$username, $password); only for the first time after installing an copying the
databases. After reboot and starting mysql as a service with mysqladmin and
entering password and user in my "login.php", this error occurs:

2003: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

I tried "telnet localhost 3306" under DOS but connection failed. ( After
install, it worked ) I tried other users and passwords, which are in mysql.user
- but no connect.

I don't have a glimpse of an idea left to do. What do I have to do to get
the connect with mysql_connect oder do I have to something with the tables in
mysql ?

After reboot Mysqladmin shows the tables at least...

so I desperately need help :-(

http://www.gmx.net