Colleagues,
    The term "screen scraping" as I am familiar with it comes from mainframe
terminal circles, and refers to capturing the character-based output in a
terminal window (or, at one point in history, the terminal "screen") as a
text file.  I have seen the term used specifically in respect to file
capture from display produced by 3270 terminal emulators.  Essentially, it's
as if you took the screen's display and "scraped" it off of the terminal to
make a sheet or text file.
    Phil, tell us a bit more context regarding your screen scrape, and maybe
we can be of more help.

--
Sincerely,
Barry C. Hawkins