Whatever works

And the function works fine for any year after 2000

Besides... it was just a quick and dirty example

-----Original Message-----
From: Miguel Cruz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 9:14 AM
To: Demitrious S. Kelly
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [PHP] Within the date format

1) That function isn't correct.

2) It's slow.

3) You still would have to call it once for each year in the range in
order to figure out how many intervening leap years there are, and you'd

have to check whether the dates in question fell before or after Feb 29.

Much easier to just calculate the difference of days, months, and years.

BTW, off the top of my head (untested), here's a more accurate (and a
million times faster) way to check for a leap year:

  function is_leap ($year)
  {
    return (!($year % 4) && (($year % 100) || !($year % 400)));
  }

miguel