Hi,
I'm new to php, I want to do the foll: in my code:
display an array of names to the user,
up, down, top and bottom buttons are provided so that the user can change
the order of the names (e.g. if original array: "a, b, c, d, e and user
selects e and presses top array should become e, a, b.....

I am able to achieve this functionality however since the whole script is
executed each time the array gets redefined after each button press thus
it remains a, b, c,d ...

Finally I've a submit button, if this is pressed user should be able to go
back and do whatever he was doing with the names.

my code looks like this:
define array
html for presentation (form which goes to function changelayerorder())
function changelayerorder (this func. detects which button and name was
selected and changes order)

I tried a while loop (while submit button not pressed) {do ...}
but it results in the page never being able to load.
CAN ANYONE ADVISE ME HOW TO AVOID REDEFINING THE ARRAY. THANKS,

-Pushkar S. Pradhan