At 10:28 PM +0000 22/4/02, Jeffrey Means wrote:
>In using the setcookie function I can not set a cookie if I specify a time
>period.  ie. setcookie("Cookie_Name", "Cookie_Value", time()+30); will not
>set a cookie, but setcookie("Cookie_Name", "Cookie_Value"); does work.  What
>am I dooing wrong??

30 seconds is a mighty short cookie age.

Are the clocks on the workstation and server in synch?
I suggest your server clock is more than 30 seconds faster than your
workstation clock, and the cookie is being set in the past.

Cookie expiry times less than an hour can cause problems in time
zones which have daylight savings. I always use 2 hours as a minimum.

 ...R.