Whatever I tried ,it is also useless,why?

This time I compile it with freetype-1.3.1.when I used the test code , it also said
"libgd was not built with FreeType font support in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/test.php
on line 14".

Would you mind tell me how you do this? I just wanna support FreeType font in my gd so
as to use gd function like ImageTTFText ,etc.

Thank you

zhaoxd