if you need access to your session among different servers,
it's the best way to store session data inside a database,
so every server can access it easily. The file container
is accessible only for local users on the server, at least
when you set up normal server configuration and not
some nasty stuff with servers shareing hdds or
partitions or something. There's no other difference
between the file container and the database container.
Perhaps the database driven container is running a bit slower,
for you have to connect to the database, and that costs
some time, at least if you don't use persistent connections.
Persistent connections are only possible if you're running PHP
as Apache Module, not in CGI version.

So it's up to you to decide what you need.

Regards Michael