===========================
CC ALL REPLIES TO [EMAIL PROTECTED]
==============================

Ok, almost got it, installed the header files, compiles fine, cept GD
produces the following error:

gcc -I. -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/X11
-I/usr/X11R6/include/X11 -I/usr/local/include
-I/home/sites/www.gni.ms/users/develop/jpeg-6b
-I/usr/local/include/libpng  pngtogd.o -o pngtogd      -L.
-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib/X11 -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgd -lz -ljpeg -lm
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ljpeg
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [pngtogd] Error 1

I'm not entirely sure what that means, any help would be appreiciated,
is that a Linking error?
here is what my config file looks like:
(atleast, teh probably important bits)

#LIBS=-lgd -lpng -lz -lm

#If you do have FreeType, JPEG and/or Xpm fully installed, uncomment a
#variation of this and comment out the line above. Note that
#Xpm requires X11. See also CFLAGS above.

LIBS=-lgd -lz -ljpeg -lm

#Note: for Freetype 1.x, use DHAVE_LIBTTF and -lttf instead.

#Typical install locations for freetype, zlib, xpm, libjpeg and libpng
header
#files. If yours are somewhere else, change this. -I. is important to
#ensure that the version of gd you are installing is used, and not an
#older release in your directory tree somewhere.

INCLUDEDIRS=-I. -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/X11
-I/usr/X11R6/include/X11 -I/usr/local/include
-I/home/sites/www.gni.ms/users/develop/jpeg-6b -I/usr/local/include/libpng

Cheers
nerv