What is wrong with the following code?

<?php
 $connection=mssql_connect("SQLServerName","sa","")
            or die("Couldn't make connection");

 $db=mssql_select_db("DBName",$connection);
 $sql="SELECT FName,LName,UserID FROM tblName ORDER BY FName";

 $sqlResult=mssql_query($sql,$connection);

 while($row=mssql_fetch_array($sqlResult)){
  $firstname=$row["FName"];
  $lastname=$row["LName"];
  $userid=$row["UserID"];

  echo("<tr>");
  echo("<td>$firstname</td>");
  echo("<td>$lastname</td>");
  echo("<td>$userid</td>");
  echo("</tr>");
 }

 mssql_free_result($sqlResult);
 mssql_close($connection);
?>

When the above code is executed, I am getting the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mssql_connect()

which points to the 2nd line in the code. Even the die() function doesn't
get executed. I just copied & pasted the code from a tutorial I found on the
web but am still getting this error !!! Is learning PHP so frustrating? I
have never encountered such frustration while learning any other software
languages. It's making me too dependent on this newsgroup !!! Sometimes it
does happen that in other languages, if you are getting an error, one can
overcome that particular error by employing some trial & error methods but
whatever & whenever I have tried to do the same in PHP, I could never
overcome the error.

Thanks,

Arpan