That's the only likely solution -- missing }'s.

Unless you're working on a mac, in which case the unix machine might be
reading your entire file as one line, hence not giving you an acurate line
for the error.

I do my editing in BBEdit, which the option of saving all files in unix or
windows or mac format (different line endings)...

It HAS to be either that, or the }'s.

Cheers,

Justin