Slower, yes. But still faster than most of other web scripting languages,
at least from some benchmarks I've seen.

  But still, who wants to code with pointers and memory management and etc
when PHP do those kinds of difficult tasks, and the "normal" ones, while
taking less time to code? If you need critical speed, code a C module. But
that's not necessary, at least in some cases I have seen (the majority, I
must say ;-)

  Coding your whole web script in C or C++ will take weeks, months, if you
start from scratch. Php is designed for this enviroment, and you will get
less headcaches by using it (specially maintance and portability)....

  As usual, use the best suited hammer :-)

--

Julio Nobrega.

Um dia eu chego lá:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/toca