Yes, always remember that unset() deletes the REFERENCE to the variable, not
the variable itself, so in the next page, when you session_start() again,
the reference is recreated to the still existing value.

So, session_unregister is fundamental to unregister the reference from the
session.

To destroy the variable's value you must use $var = null;

Regards,

--

Pedro Alberto Pontes