Mike Fifield wrote:
> I am using the mysql sum() function to return the "sum" of a bunch of dolor
> amounts stored  "float" values. But what I get back it something like this
> "98.199998855591" it is to precise. All I want is the dolor amounts added up
> and rounded up to the closest penny. Is there a better value type to use or
> a function that will return the information properly formatted.
>
> Mike Fifield
> Charles Schwab & Co, Inc.
> WARNING: All e-mail sent to or from this address will be received by the
> Charles Schwab corporate e-mail system and is subject to archival and review
> by someone other than the recipient.

MySQL has a decimal column type which allows you to specify to how many
decimal points the number is stored.
http://www.mysql.com/doc/C/o/Column_types.html

If you want to do it via PHP, you can format the number via
number_format() and that will give you the 2 decimal points as well as
the commas where needed.

Also, both PHP and MySLQ have round() functions to format the numbers.