Is there any way of using an array element in the same
line as it is filled? For instance, here's what I
have:

Say I want the image width of a pic, I have to:
$f = getimagesize("certainpic.jpg");
print("$f[0]");

After this, I never use $f anymore. There's no reason
to have it hanging around.

Is there any way I can simply just getimagesize() and
print the width at the same time, like say:

print(getimagesize("certainpic.jpg")[0]);

This is only an example. I'm sure there may be a
function that will return an image width and be able
to print it instantly, and yes I can whip one up, but
the point is to be able to use an array element at the
same time that the array is filled.