What are some benefits to using output buffering versus just letting it
generate as it goes?

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Stone [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2002 1:24 PM
To: PHP-general
Subject: Fw: [PHP] uh, oh errors?

Don't feel bad about this.  This is something that messes a lot of
people
up.  The browser knows where your headers end and where content begins
by
adding blank line between the headers and the rest of the page.  ALL
headers
must come before any content is printed to the page.  PHP will give you
that
error if you attempt to write a new header.  So in fact your problem is
not
on Line 13.. but is actually on Line 11.  There are at least two ways to
avoid this...

1. Don't print content before headers.  :)
2. Use output buffering to write the whole page before it is outputed
to the
browser.

Hope this helps,
-Keivn