Adding a mail() step to my page increases the page load time from an average
of about 2 seconds to nearly 8 seconds.  That would be OK if the page
completed displaying all the text and then just kind of hung there while the
mail() function finished.  The page I am using, by the way, is a
5-column/3-row table listing some project information, pulled from a MySQL
database.

Is there anything I can do to make this appear more responsive for the user?
It would be nice if it was actually more responsive, but the illusion will
do just fine.  Išve tried moving the mail() function around in the order,
but no matter what it causes part of the page to not finish displaying until
mail() has completed.

Wes