On Fri, 24 May 2002, Manisha wrote:
> Yes, you were write - when I used chr(10).chr(13) - it worked.
>
> But still little bit confused. When you are saying unix uses \n, that means
> if I am reading the file from unix server - it would have looked ok, but
> the same file won't look good if I open in Windows ?

It depends on how you transfer the file. If you use ASCII-mode FTP, a
text/* MIME content type, or some other text-aware method, then the \n
will automatically be changed to \r\n when you transfer the file.

If you use a binary or other literal transfer, then you'll have to convert
the line breaks yourself (or view the file using a tool that's smart
enough not to care, such as most programmer's editors).

miguel