On Fri, 24 May 2002, John Hughes wrote:
> My server is located on the East Coast, but all of the users of my
> site live on the West Coast. I have an application that makes several
> calls to time() and as a result all of the times displayed are East
> Coast.
>
> Rather than changing every time() to time()-10800, I was wondering if
> there is a way to make one global change, perhaps with .htacess.
> Since this site is hosted on a commercial service I do not have
> access to the PHP.ini or other server-level files.

How about writing a wrapper function called l_time() that does the
calculation for you? Stick it in an include file, do a little
searchin'-and-replacin', and you're set. One day when you get ambitious
you can enhance the l_time() function to look for a cookie that identifies
the current user's time zone and calculates accordingly.

miguel