Well if there are no variables to be parsed just do it like this:

echo 'My dog has "fleas"'; // notice single quotes

If there are variables to be parsed to it like this:

echo "My dog has \"$var\"";

Cheers!

Rick

"If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however, if I treat you
as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that."
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe