No, not exactly.  The idea behind the include() function in PHP is to append
and execute code to the currently running script.  This is great for
organizing your code into more easier to manage chunks.  PHP will attempt to
parse and execute the included file as a PHP file regardless of the file
extension.  So you can do this for example...

-- myhtml.html --
------------------

-- myphp.php --
$var = "World";
<?include("myhtml.html")?>

This will print out "Hello World".  So that answers two questions with one
stone (err.. yah).  include() is a function not a method.  And you don't
need the <html> tag to display included html.  The browser will
automatically assume an html header upon any textual output unless otherwise
specified.

Check out the manual for more information.
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.include.php

Hope this helps
-Kevin