Hi

PHP's sessions are blocking, i.e. until a session is closed, all other calls to
session_start() are pending. If you don't close a session explicitely, it
remains opened until the script is terminated.
The solution is to close a session as soon as possible (session_write_close) or
use non-blocking read-only sessions (session_readonly instead of session_start)
in case you don't need to modify registered variables.

Tom