Why not just use htmlentities() and striptags() on the user input? I
prefer to just use htmlentities() and that's it. Any code the user tries
to type in is just converted to html codes and ends up being displayed
in the browser exactly as they typed it. None of their code is evaluated
though.

---John Holmes...

**
> ******************************
> // 'rap' is the textarea input
>
> $_SESSION['rap'] = $_POST['rap'];
> $rap = $_SESSION['rap']
>
> if

(eregi("<([^>]|\n)*>|/<SCRIPT.*?<\/SCRIPT>/ims|onClick|onLoad|onDblClick

> onDragStart|onKeyDown|onKeyPress|onKeyUp|onMouseDown|onMouseMove|

onMouseOut|MouseOver|SelectStart|Blur|Focus|Scroll|onMouseOver|onSelectS
ta
> rt|onBlur|

onFocus|Scroll|SCRIPT|script|Select|Unload|Change||DELETE|rm|mkdir|COPY|
> CREATE|UPDATE|WHERE|AS|FROM|POST|INSERT|INTO|while", $rap));
> {header("location:out.php");}
>
> $rap = ucfirst($rap);
>
> // set it back to session variable
> $_SESSION['rap] = $rap;