Hi all
I've been wrestling with a php problem that has, as far as I'm aware, no
reason to be happening unless php handling of OOP and Sessions is to
blame. This note looks long, but has been *seriously* condensed!

I have an application set up like this (bear with me it *is* simple :-)

*   Database (MySQL)
*   Class to handle add, edit, delete, list etc (basic functionality)
*   Admin program  // use the class and forms etc to allow admin of db

Now the problem appears to be with the sessions and class: the Admin
program is just a big switch statement that reloads itself eachtime like
this:

switch($mode) {
    case "add":
    do_some_adding();
    break;
}

and etc with all the other things it needs to do.

******* The ERROR *********

I'm getting 'Access denied' errors sometimes and the only cure I've
found is this:

if I instantiate the class at the top of the Admin program and it
accesses the db then the next time it needs to access the db it wil fail
unless I instantiate a new class?

Very odd.

The class holds properties of $this->user, $this->host, $this->pass and
uses them in an private method $this->_db_connect() so I see no reason
why it should be doing this.

It doesn't appear to be losing the properties, just not being able to
connect to the db.

***** Conclusion *******

Until someone points out the blindingly stupid mistake I'm making ;-)
I'll have to assume their is some OOP/Sessions problem, sure I have a
solution, but it is very messy, inelegant, and destroys the point of
using a class and session for this purpose.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Many thanks
- --
Nick Wilson     //  www.explodingnet.com