I've been wrestling with the same issue. I had some code loop through and
create an arbitrary number of checkbox inputs with the name 'foo[]'

I then attempted to access the array using:

foreach ($foo as $bar)
{
        echo $bar;
}

but I got error messages telling me that $foo is not an array :-(

I'm using Netscape 4.7 something on Red Hat 6.2 ... could this be an
issue? I know Netscape can be pretty buggy and fussy at the best of times.

Michael

On Wed, 29 May 2002, 1LT John W. Holmes wrote:

> If you name the form elements as arrays, then yeah, they are pretty much the
> same.
>
> <input type=checkbox name=foo[] value=one>One
> <input type=checkbox name=foo[] value=two>Two
> <input type=checkbox name=foo[] value=three>Three
>
> When submitted, $foo will be an array containing the values that were
> checked. If a box was not checked, it won't have any value in the array.
>
> i.e. If you check One and Three, then you'll have a $foo array like this:
>
> $foo[0]='one';
> $foo[1]='three';
>
> ---John Holmes...

n   i   n   t   i  .   c   o   m