I just want to thank everyone for their responses.  I do realize this was
not exactly a question that could be "answered" as such but I still wanted
to hear some people that have had personal experiences dealing with similar
issues.  FYI, I have read many websites that attempt to answer this
question in one way or another, but I feel that the details I can get from
places such as this mailing list are much better.

Anyways, to focus on one question I had asked, can anyone provide with
websites that run using LAMP (large, higly trafficed
websites)?  http://www.sourceforge.net comes to mind, but I don't know
really what's going on in the background.  Specific examples would be
helpful to my case.

Any ideas?

Justin

At 12:46 PM 5/31/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>On Fri, 31 May 2002, Justin Felker wrote:
> > I have spent the last hour pouring over this list's archive.
>
>(Not a flame, but I keep seeing this recently. The word is "poring".)

hehe, thanks.